ARQUIMEA RESEARCH CENTER is hiring an Senior Electronics Hardware Engineer / Head of Electronics Area to be located in our office in Santa Cruz de Tenerife (Canary Islands).
Tasks to be performed:
- Work in a multidisciplinary team researching and developing electronics equipment for different sectors, including power supplies and analog and digital circuits.
- Project management of with small teams (3-9) and task definition
- Design peripheral interfaces for microprocessors and microcontrollers
- Lead high-level design activities for new product features including establishment of requirements
- Design and implement tests in support of design verification
- Lead system interface design activities and lead the troubleshooting and resolution of integration issues
- Participate in tasks related to new product development including planning, task estimation, design, design verification, peer review, integration and release
- Collaborate with external and internal customers, such as Marketing, RRHH and other engineering teams throughout the product development life cycle
- Participate in the analysis and specification of electronic subsystems and participate and lead design reviews
- Plan and execute tasks in collaboration with the product team to ensure project objectives are met
- Evaluate and recommend hardware development process improvements in collaboration with engineering management
- Mentor less experience designers (according to the candidate experience).
Required skills, experience and candidate profile:
- University degree in Engineering or Physics, specialization in electronics
- Solid basis in electronics design
- Proficient in using circuit capture tools as well as simulation tools at system and circuit level (specifically Altium)
- Experience in component testing, excellence in laboratory equipment use and setting up test systems
- Open minded and ready to be challenged with multi-disciplinary R&D projects
- Experience working with FPGAs and microprocessors (at design and/or integration level)
- Proficient in English. Spanish is a plus.
- The candidate must be eligible to work in the EU.
- Experience in robotics is a plus
- Experience in microelectronics is a plus
- Experience in photonics is a plus
- Experience with vacuum instrumentation is a plus
- Experience with low noise instrumentation is a plus
- Experience in radiation testing or space grade components and systems is a plus.